Thursday, April 16, 2015

The first mark!

I've been letting perfectionism get the best of me. But today I decided to just go for it and do the first artwork in my Sketchbook Project sketchbook. Right smack dab in the middle. The theme of my book is "My North Woods". Here ya go!

I really enjoyed painting this. If I mess something up in the sketchbook it will just have to be that way. It's only a sketchbook, after all. I think that's the whole point of the project; to experiment and have fun and see what happens.

More animals and north woods related things to come. I've had this picture in my head for quite some time. Now I'll have to come up with a new idea!

The realtors came and asked numerous questions. They seem to think we need to figure out about my Dad's piece of property adjacent to mine before listing the property. Once we sell, that piece of property is landlocked and pretty much worthless. So, that will take some extra time as they do some investigative work.

Meanwhile, we hired a new gal at the deli...and two more are leaving. Just as the tourist season is about to hit us. We are so short-handed!! I think my character (and ability to survive) is about to be sorely tested.

Think I'll rustle up some lunch and read or something. That darn cold is still hanging on. Or is it allergies? Whatever! ;)

Talk to you folks later! Shalom!

8 comments:

  1. i love this sketch/painting of the black bear! great idea to start in the middle :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Lisa, I also love this sketch/painting of the black bear and the idea to start in the middle and let it come as it wants to come. I love the theme you chosed: "My North Woods". It is so near to me and my sister Sylvia's life-theme - "Little wolf", "Inuit", and now "Black bear" (=dog Lady) What a nice dream-coincidence!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on making a start on your sketchbook!! It's a great beginning. Too bad about your cold/allergies. I've heard that this spring is a bad one for allergy sufferers...lots of pollen around. Hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful bear! Way to go! I love it! You're off and running, Lisa!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Lisa, love your book and perfectionism is highly overrated! Is it feasible to deed a right of way to the landlocked property?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful painting Lisa! the handling of the background really makes the bear come forward.
    I wish you the best on your move. Will you still stay in the Northwoods area?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your black bear and blueberries. It's terrific!

    I hope you get your property figured out. We are in the process of purchasing land and one part of it is without public access. It joins us, but we still have to have an easement in order for the bank to go along with the purchase. So much fiddly-diddly stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Allergies are pretty wicked right now, that's for sure. I love your bear-in-the-woods picture! For some reason it reminded me instantly of Blueberries for Sal. Do you know that children's book? I love it. The berries are pretty. Good job! Keep going! I hope the property issues are cleared up and you have a good plan for your future :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by! I'd love to hear your thoughts! :)